Welcome

Welcome to the Anecdotes and Adventures. 

I have a thing for alliterations. 

 More than likely if you are reading this, you are here because I posted something else you were interested in. So let me introduce myself. I am Cheryl Stanley, but you probably figured that much out. I was born into an Air Force family, two siblings, and Scottish Terrier. Sounds pretty much like a storybook family I'm sure. As with any story, we had adventures: some humorous, some not so funny, some downright scary.

Promoted

After graduating from Purdue University (Boiler Up)-- I married a smart, and talented young man and we were off on our Air Force adventure.  You could say I was promoted from Air Force brat to spouse. I had some incredible volunteer opportunities with the military and met so many wonderful people along the way. Many of you reading this now.  But I wasn't going to let the military be my only life; I studied education and love all things related to learning. So, my career and been an amazing journey in learning and development. 

But my greatest joy in life has always been family! 

I may not have been the "perfect" mom, but I successfully raised two incredibly talented and smart young women. I could gush on them for days; so incredibly proud of them. And wow, do we have some crazy anecdotes to share.

Why blog?

I never intended to start an ongoing blog project. I needed a space to write a post that was too long to just post on social media and wanted to be able to organize my thoughts. When I began looking for options, this site came up, it was simple to use, and I thought, why not

Explain the Dandelion 

Why is the cover image a dandelion? If you check out my LinkedIn you will see I describe myself as a dandelion. It is the unofficial flower of the military child (or brat.) It grows and blooms where it lands and when its season is over, it seeds and flies away to another location where it begins anew.  Dandelion Image: John Liu, CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons

Image of Cheryl Stanley
Cheryl in The Boiler Room

Welcome to my wonderland of Anecdotes and Adventures. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating the Military Spouse